International Timberframes is a long established Timberframing company based in Golden, BC.
We are committed to building with natural solid wood. It’s our mission to show that wood is the
most natural and healthy product to build with and to take whole-hearted steps to conserve our
planet by doing everything as sustainably as we possibly can. We still cut and prepare by hand,
making the most of each unique piece of wood, using traditional craftsman skills coupled with
new technologies. We have an excellent reputation amongst peers and clients, offering ideas,
inspiration and individual solutions.
About the position
As our company continues to grow, we need to recruit a Timberframer.
The purpose of this role is to undertake Timberframing tasks as part of the team, both on
the shop floor and job sites, to exceptional standards.
This full-time position is based at our shop in Golden, BC. Travel as required in BC and Alberta to
client job sites for onsite installation assistance.
We offer a competitive rate of pay, a 4-day week, a flexible working schedule, comprehensive
medical and dental benefits plan after 3 months with us, use of company vehicles for work
purposes and fully funded training opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Accurate interpretation of shop drawings
● Layout, cutting, sanding, staining, and packaging of wood/ materials therefore
experienced in working with hand tools e g chisels, saws
● Loading wood/ materials/ tools for transportation
● Installation / raising under direction of appointed Project leader
● Clean up of shop and job-sites at the end of each day and week
● Shop / tool and machine maintenance as required
We would love to hear from you if you can offer us the following skills and experience:
● Minimum 1 years experience in timber framing or log building (or 2 years related
experience in carpentry or cabinetry)
● Familiarity with timber frame joinery and structural systems
● Need to be physically strong to move heavy timbers and able to work confidently at
heights on ladders, scaffolding, and beams
● Ability to work alone on assigned tasks and together as part of a cohesive team
● Demonstrated commitment to exceptional standards of work
● A full clean driving license
Salary commensurate with experience and references.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume expressing your interest, including salary expectations, to