West Coast Log Homes is a custom log home builder dedicated to delivering a home that blends top quality old-world Japanese and European wood joinery craftsmanship. We are seeking Log Home Builders highly skilled in traditional hand crafted log joinery and timber framing techniques to layout, cut and assemble heavy post and beam and timber frame structures.
We are seeking responsible, motivated and career-minded builders willing to relocate to the Sunshine Coast and enjoy the unique lifestyle offered by this beautiful, seaside location. We offer permanent, full-time employment, an employee benefits program, and opportunity for advancement. The wage range is competitive and based on experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ log building and/or timber framing experience working with heavy log (post and beam) and timber framed structures, or a background in carpentry, supplemented by certification in European or Japanese traditional wood joinery techniques
- Proficient at reading digital or printed blueprints
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to perform compound angle joinery
- Ability to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to crew members and others
- Chainsaw experience, sawmill operation skills and ability to operate tower crane
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects needed for constructing projects
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to travel to client sites world-wide to oversee and train workers in set-up
For more information on our company and the style of homes we build, check out our website at: westcoastloghomes.com.
How to Apply
Please email a current resume to [email protected] or fax to 604.886.0409. We thank all who apply, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.